Our aquatic therapy services are cutting edge. Submersion creates a low-impact, low weight-bearing environment that enables movement to occur with less stress and pain when land-based treatment is difficult or limited.
It allows for a wide range of rehab options, from pain management for those in acute or chronic pain, to strength and conditioning for athletic performance.
The reduced strain on tender ligaments and joints creates an optimal environment for those suffering from pain, to improve their balance, mobility and strength. For athletic performance this can allow for increased levels of intensity with decreased stress demands on the body. Our pools are equipped with the cutting-edge technology of a full-functioning treadmill. We also have a large selection of equipment we use for strength and mobility in the water.
Benefits of Aquatic Rehab
Aquatic therapy has been proven as an effective means of treatment for the following:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation both before and after surgery
- Chronic pain therapy
- Acute injury rehab - including tendon, ligament, and bone injuries
- Stroke recovery
- Rehab for neurological conditions (such as spinal cord, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, ALS, and others)
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDC) rehab
- Post-partum rehab
- A wide variety of athletic injuries