In accordance with Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Public Health, and our College governing bodies’ guidelines, Pure Movement Physiotherapy & Aquatic Rehab is permitted to remain open.
With your safety as our top priority, we have prepared the necessary COVID-19 safety precautions to meet the standards put out by the Ontario government and our regulatory bodies. Our priority is in keeping both our patients and staff safe. With this in mind, we have implemented changes to how we deliver care to our patients to ensure that appropriate hygiene and physical distancing measures are carried out. Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol is outlined below, which is in line with Ontario Public Health guidelines and may be altered to ensure it conveys current information and ensures everyone’s safety.
When booking a new appointment, you will be sent a COVID screening form which we ask you fill out a few hours prior to your appointment. If a patient screens positive, the appointment will be deferred and they will be referred for testing and asked to contact their primary health care provider for guidance. As per Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines, a YES to any of the screening questions would indicate a positive COVID-19 screen. Should a patient test positive, we ask that they please notify the clinic.
• In order to ensure safety and reduce the risk of COVID-19, we must minimize contact between individuals.
• As per regulatory guidelines, we emphasize the importance of maintaining a 2 meter distance between individuals and have signage throughout the clinic as a reminder.
• We ask each patient to remain in their vehicles until a few minutes before their appointment.
• To ensure timely appointments and enough time to disinfect/sanitize between patients, we kindly ask that you do not stay past your allotted appointment time.
• Please kindly give us 24-hours notice if for whatever reason you need to cancel your appointment by calling or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT DROPLET PRECAUTIONS
• We have installed plexiglass guards on the front desk.
• When possible, we ask you to provide your electronic signature rather than physically sign documents.
• For new clients, we ask that you fill out our intake form and COVID screening form online, which will be attached in your initial appointment email.
• Our staff continues to adhere to strict hand hygiene and sanitizing between patients. We ask that patients also sanitize immediately after entering and prior to leaving the clinic using proper handwashing techniques, as well as after touching commonly used surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic.
• Our staff utilizes proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We require all patients to wear a face mask unless they have a medical condition that prohibits them from doing so. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide you with one.
• We are adhering to strict cleaning/disinfection protocols. We have protective coverings over therapy tables which are removed and disposed of after each patient use. Tables and equipment, as well as other high-contact surfaces, are thoroughly cleaned between patients with medical-grade disinfectants.
• We ask that as much as possible, you limit the number of personal items brought into the clinic.
Thank you for helping us in ensuring everyone remains as safe and healthy as possible. We understand these are challenging times and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this. We look forward to seeing you again and helping you in your road to recovery.